Working women of the Interwebs, I’ve got your “Lean In” opportunity for the
day, week, month! Tomorrow night, February 19th, there is a free webinar featuring, among others, Sheryl Sandberg COO of Facebook and author of the best-selling book, Lean In: Women, Work and the Will to Lead. So those kids to bed, get yourself a glass of vino, and settle in with your computer for an evening that will inspire!
The event is happening at Arizona State University but anyone with a computer and Internet connection can tune in at 8pm EST / 7pm CST/ 6pm MST / 5pm PST. I myself am hosting a bunch of ambitious young ladies from my company at my home for the evening. Should be fun!
Here’s a summary of the agenda. More detail can be found here:
- Welcomes from a variety of Take the Lead and Arizona State peeps
- Tools for Success: The Power of Authenticity by Carla Harris, Morgan Stanley Managing Director
- Panel Discussion: See It, Be It: Impact of Media on Women’s Leadership by 6 impressive women from the media sector
- Sheryl Sandberg’s Keynote Speech and Q&A
- Call to Action: Take the Lead Challenge and Presentation of Takeaway Gift by Gloria Felt
Online attendees get the takeaway gift as well so be sure to register to attend so your email address is on file.
If you can’t make the webinar tomorrow night, the Take the Lead organization sounds like an interesting one to follow. Their mission is to “prepare, develop, inspire and propel women to take their fair and equal share of leadership positions across all sectors by 2025″. This webinar is their big launch event but they seem to have lots of community and mentoring opportunities in the works, the likes of which will surely be touted at the end of the webinar tomorrow night.
If you tune in, let me know your thoughts!